Morning Glow by Jordy Searcy

 


 

    This song came out about a year ago. When I first heard Jordy Searcy's "Morning Glow," I think the song took a piece of me and never gave it back. I am a big fan of Jordy and his music. I discovered Jordy's music during a Young Life camp that I went to around New Year’s Eve with my family right before COVID-19. I find that on many occasions his music resonates with me, and I take the music with me through all my life milestones. 


   "Morning Glow" in my opinion seems to be a story about two lovers finding each other again. It could even be two friends, family members, or yourself. The song reminds me of watching a sunrise. As you sit on the grass watching the sun slowly rise, the beginning of the song plays. The sun is rising higher and higher, while the song reached its peak or climax. Finally, the sun is above the horizon and the song closes and Jordy and Julianna Zacharious's words slowly die out, as your day begins. 


    The sunrise is like those individuals finding one another again. The song introduces one person finding another but understanding why they would be hesitant to be with, near, or touch them. From then on, we learn their story and how it took them all night to find each other. 


  "Morning glow

Let the light through the window

Took me all night to find you, now I'm beside you 

I'm not letting go

Morning glow" 


    The song continues, but it isn't until the end that you would find my favorite part of the song. As Jordy sings the chorus, you hear his partner in the song Julianna singing, in my opinion, the best part.


"I'll always be 

The one you see

You always see me"


    Jordy and Julianna sing their respective parts while instruments play and while the strums die out. To me, that is when they are together and when the sun reveals its entirety. Even though we need a little backstory, I could be wrong about the intentions of the song, but that's not the point of my writing about it. 


    December 2021 was a vulnerable and weird month for me when this song came out. I had one too many life lessons and winter break was approaching. The song came out during a time in my life when I wasn't sure which direction to go in. I still don't know where I am going, but this time I have a GPS. 

    

    I became obsessed with this song going into 2022 it was love at first sight...or listen. This song reminded me throughout this chaotic year that there will always be a tomorrow. The sun will rise again and be more beautiful each time. There will always be that person, who in my case are many people, that seek you out all night. Your life will be confusing and disappointing but on the outside, a joyous melody comes together in the end. 


    You could say that this song saw me and always did. That is why this song has saved me. This is why this song is my top song of 2022.  It shares the joy of finding that one person again, but also being able to find yourself in the mix. 

 

Comments

  1. Love your interpretation. I’m glad that this was meaningful and a light into 2022 for you. Love you, Bumpa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts